My Pool after a long stretch of record breaking heat.

Jun 14, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
The 100+ degree heat has finally ended in our area, so I thought I would share how my pool looked on the final day of it.
pool02.jpg

pool01.jpg

Yes we jumped in right after I took the pictures.

As always, thanks for the help and support from everyone on TFP.

I'm in Mesa Arizona. Temps of 105 and above are normal for 3+ months of the year. It's supposed to be 112 for the next few days. Woohoo!
I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I didn't have a crystal clear pool. I'd be huddled inside all day by the A/C outlet. Not my idea of having fun.
Thank goodness for the pool and you guys that show me how to take care of it correctly.

Yeah, the humidity was bad. I was helping a friend with his pool install and we were getting out of his air-conditioned van when the blast furnace hit me...my glasses fogged over as bad as they a ever have even when compared to coming inside in the winter (when it is below 0 outside).

WestSidePool said:
Mesamav said:
I'm in Mesa Arizona. Temps of 105 and above are normal for 3+ months of the year. It's supposed to be 112 for the next few days. Woohoo!

Is it a dry heat?
With the humidity we had here, it was absolutely miserable.

Actually it is a dry heat. Even though the temps indicate it's a blast furnace, it really isn't bad, specially with a pool.
On the 4th of July we had a temp of about 91 but with 70% humidity. I thought I was going to die. I'll take 110 with 5% or 10% humidity any day over the lower temps with high humidity.

I grew up in IL and definitely agree it is nice not to be wet just standing outside even though the temp might be 10-20 degrees higher.

Just starting the worst part of the year ... "monsoons" ... when the temps are still high and the humidity shoots up. Not uncommon to see 20+ degree temperature drop when the storms come in and the rains start though.

During the heat... it was probably about 100-102 when this was taken.
fountainat104.jpg

Most of the time I think of how nice a longer swim season would be in a place with dry heat. I'm thinking with the humidity we just had our 100+ degree days were worse than the average 105-110 in TX or AZ, etc.

Speedo said:
During the heat... it was probably about 100-102 when this was taken.
fountainat104.jpg

Most of the time I think of how nice a longer swim season would be in a place with dry heat. I'm thinking with the humidity we just had our 100+ degree days were worse than the average 105-110 in TX or AZ, etc.

I totally agree. I moved from Oregon last summer and even though it didn't get hot there very often, it was very humid. A 80 degree day with 90% humidity was almost unbearable. Here in Az. a dry 105 is actually a very comfortable day. 110 or even 112 with a pool close by is wonderful.
I work around the yard, get a little warm, take a dip and I'm good to go for another hour or so.
Here in Arizona, the swim season for me lasts from mid-March to hopefully sometime around November. I do have solar heaters though so that helps a lot as well.
If I didn't have a pool, I don't know how well I'd like the heat around here but a pool makes all the difference in the world.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My Grandma's sister lived in Santa Fe, NM she had heat, but a dry heat. When she would come to PA to visit although the temps were a lower most of the time, she would have liked to of died with our humidity. She did not care for PA summers at all.

I know when I took water samples to 2 places yesterday long lines were formed and everyone is having water problems because of the heatwave here locally that just broke.
I have been fighting the heatwave and massive landscaping (dust flying all over the place ~ looks like a wild west movie when we are out there) with my new install ~ so needless to say my pool after record breaking heat didn't fair as well as yours, but I am now officially on the road to clear water (test kit ordered) BBB method is being implemented.

Yours sure held up well!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.