A few questions from a total newb

Mar 5, 2012
Central FL
Hey guys,

As of this day, I am now at 30 days after filling my pool. While I have enjoyed the extra arm strength and bulk associated with brushing twice a day for the first week and once a day until now, I am quite happy that I will now only need to brush once a week. :) I just wanted to run my numbers past everyone to see what you guys think. I snagged these yesterday afternoon with my TF-100...

FC - 4
CC - 0
pH - 7.6
TA - 70
CH - 180
CYA - 40-50

I know I've been able to get my numbers pretty much where I need them to be except for the hardness. I plan on adding some calcium chloride to get it up to 250 very soon, but was told by my local pool store that they do not recommend adding anything until the plaster fully cures. This makes no sense to me as I don't really want to raise my water's CH by leeching it out of the plaster/grout. I am also planning on adding borates soon for the added benefits which I'm hoping will also tame my pH a bit. Right now with the plaster curing, I've been adding quite a bit of MA to keep it in check. One thing that has had me scratching my head is my pump run time. Right now I'm running it for 11 hours a day on high, from 10-9 or 10-10, depending on how late I was getting out there to brush it. At what point can I start running it on low? I appreciate all the knowledge and information you guys dispense, and it's nice to know that my pool is sparkly and pristine despite me not knowing what the heck I'm doing. :) Thanks!

Jose

Bama Rambler said:
Since you're at 30 days I'd probably raise the CH to about 250.

You can start running your pump on low anytime now.

Thanks Bama :) Do you think maybe I should start with 24hrs on low? Or perhaps a few hours on high and a few on low, keeping an eye on how clear/sparkly the water is, reducing run time as much as I can?

Jose

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.