Skimmer question

Jun 5, 2012
Hi all, i have two skimmers on my pool (new owner of the house). This saturday I see my pump didn't priming water and my level water is halfway up the skimmer box opening. When i check my skimmers, one is priming water ok and one is not priming water in the skimmer, but when i put some water in the not working skimmer, it did prime OK. It is look like my water is too low, so the one skimmer is not prming. My question is when i look the skimmers water level inside, i see both skimmers are not at the same level. I see the bad skimmer is about 0.5 inch higher than the good skimmer. Could someone let me know is this normal? or is there something fix for this? Now i added water to 1/2 halfway up the skimmers box.

Ideally they should be the same height but ½" isn't bad. You want the water level to be 2/3rd's to 3/4th's the way up the skimmer face plate and since your's aren't the same level I use the higher one as the measure.

On an inground pool (or any pool for that matter) it's not an easy task to raise a skimmer. If you do want to do it you should wait till you have to replace the liner anyway.

Bama Rambler said:
Ideally they should be the same height but ½" isn't bad. You want the water level to be 2/3rd's to 3/4th's the way up the skimmer face plate and since your's aren't the same level I use the higher one as the measure.

On an inground pool (or any pool for that matter) it's not an easy task to raise a skimmer. If you do want to do it you should wait till you have to replace the liner anyway.

Thanks. Yes i added my water to 3/4 way up to the skimmer box.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.