2-speed pump and SWG - wiring questions

May 29, 2009
Austin, Texas
I have a 24' x 12' x 52" AGP with an Aqua Trol SWG and a single-speed pump that needs replacing. I'm ready to order a 2-speed pump (Pentair Dynamo 1 hp) but am uncertain about the circuitry. Do I need to order a separate timer/switch/controller for the 2-speed pump? How do I interface the pump with the Aqua Trol so that the SWG timer is slave to the pump timer? Please advise. Thanks!

You will either need another switch to select high/low or wire in a manual switch to select the speed.
I do not think your wiring will change much. The hot out of the on/off timer will still supply the SWG and will also just go to the speed switch instead of directly to the pump.

The easiest thing to do is use the setup you have now and just use a speed selector switch to manually change the speed. If it doesn't come with a speed selector switch (some of them do) let us know and it's easy enough to add one.

the power source to your timer would be the GFCI protection for the pump. And you would wire the pump up with a minimum 14 gauge wire.

There are threads somewhere with links to manual switches or you could get one of the Intermatic timers to automate speed switches.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.