Air Bubbles in Return Line

Aug 29, 2011
I have air bubbles in the return line to the pool. There are no air bubbles in the skimmer at the pump. There are no visible leaks anywhere. I took apart the top valve and cleaned it and soaped all the o-rings. put it back on and No bubbles. Today I cleaned and vacuumed the pool, backwashed the filtier, and no have air bubbles again. I took the valve apart again, cleaned and soaped it but this time did not fix the problem. My guess is that it is time for a new top valve. All chemical levels are good and otherwise the water is clear. Just hazy from air bubbles. :)

Your valve is unlikely the source of your bubbles. Air can only get into the lines before the pump since the water after the pump is under pressure. Do you have an SWCG?

Do you have a solar heater that is fairly high. If so you might have a small leak in one of the lines above pool level

Took me over month to figureout and find mine as it diddnt let water out but sucked air in through a joint that was glued but not primed

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.