Plumbing a Slide

NullQwerty

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 23, 2008
Hey folks,

I plumbed in my slide so that I wouldn't have to deal with a garden hose anymore. When I turned it on though, I was only getting a trickle of water coming out, despite having great water flow in my pool.

I see 2 potential problem points so wanted to see what you guys think is more likely the culprit.

1) The 1/4" tubing starts by my equipment and goes through 100' of 1/4" tubing before getting to the slide. Would I be better off using 3/4" for the 100' and then switching to 1/4" by the slide?

2) The T that I used to plumb in the slide has the 1/4" tubing coming out the right side. See below:
| |
| |___
|..___
| |
| |
I figured the pressure would be enough that it wouldn't matter, but do I need to replumb it so that the T is facing down? Like this:
_________
___...____
....| |

Thanks!

you could plumb a valve past the T for the slide to force the water to look for a path of least resistance (your 1/4" slide). I just wouldn't close that valve all the way. ( a gate valve is good at slowly closing)

The direction of the T does not matter. You problem is the 100' of 1/4" tubing which has a LOT of head loss. If you can use a larger pipe to the slide and then switch to 1/4", I think you will do better, but you still may need to add a valve after the T to better force the water through the smaller pipe.

I do actually have a valve past the T but it's a jandy valve, so full on or full off. I can easily test out the larger tube line though. Might cost a bit to test, but if it does the trick I'll be happy.

Thanks!

Jandy valves are not just full on/off. Just do not turn out all the way. A picture could help confirm though.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.