need advice for new sand filter /pump

New AGP this year, 15' round 52" deep 5000 gal
currently using a " GAME Sandpro 75 sand filter / pump which has a constant leak around the top ring
which seems to be a common problem.......... the ring and gasket has already been changed twice and its leaking again.

Im looking at poolsuppliescanada.com as im in Ontario, Canada

any suggestions ?
i was looking at the Hydropro 19" for $139 + $28 shipping and using the existing 3/4hp pump ?
any preference for Hayward over Hydropro ?

repsolal said:
i was looking at the Hydropro 19" for $139 + $28 shipping and using the existing 3/4hp pump ?
That should work well for your pool (though I don't know what pump that is on the sand pro).

repsolal said:
any preference for Hayward over Hydropro ?
I am not familiar with hydropro, but sand filters pretty much work the same way, so either should work.

The new filter arrived the next day and i hooked it up the next day.
Seems like a decent unit for the price. Local pool ripoff store only had a jacuzzi 19" in stock and wanted $368 for it
when poolsuppliescanada had it for $209 ! so im glad i ordered online.
The sandpro pump was connected to the filter with a 1 1/4" flexible hose, I used the old pump but connected
it to the new hydropro filter with 1 1/2" PVC pipe........... the difference in the pressure at the return is amazing !
If I open the valve for the fountain wide open it actually spurts right over the pool and onto the lawn at the other side !
with the existing setup it did not reach the other side at all !

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.