Finally plumbed with PVC and 20' Solar Panel - Ultra frame

May 31, 2011
Well I finally fiqured out a way to easily PVC plumb my Intex Ultra frame pool. Then I added a 20' Eco Saver Solar Panels. The water is great and it's finally done. Looking at some of the posts about PVC/Intex connectors, it seem to me not as good as it could be, this is what I did.

From Home Depot, I used the 1-1/2 to 1-1/4 reducer bushing and sanded down the flange face so it was smooth and glued on the the Intex pool return fitting face to give me a sealing surface and another one on an 1-1/2 elbow with the Intex nut between them, put on a gasket and screwed them together works like the factory fitting just in PVC. So I went a little with the PVC and plumbed a Solar panel and all is good. The temp. hovers around 83 degrees from the usual 72 degrees in the am.

Here's a couple pictures:[attachment=2:3no4f3eb]001b.jpg[/attachment:3no4f3eb][attachment=1:3no4f3eb]003b.jpg[/attachment:3no4f3eb]

Attachments

• 001b.jpg
    001b.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 218
  • 003b.jpg
    003b.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 217
  • 006b.jpg
    006b.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 212
Re: Finally plumbed with PVC and 20' Solar Panel - Ultra fra

Zooduster, great installation, very clean!! I'm in the process of doing a similar upgrade to my 24' UltraFrame as well. I replaced the crappy Intex plunger valves with two threaded 2" elbow fittings. The 2" fittings will screw directly on to the Itex pool strainer adapters. I applied Teflon tape to the strainer's threads in order to get a good seal. I will post some pics of the finished product. I do have some questions for you though: based on your post, you were able to gain roughly about 10 degrees with the solar panels? How long do you run your filter/ solar panels? Can you tell me what is the GPM rating on your filter pump? I want to know so that I can have an idea of what to expect from my setup. I currently have a Intex Ultra frame 24' round pool with two 2'x20' sun-heater panels and a Hayward EC-50 D.E filter/pump rated @ 50 GPM. Also, how do you divert the water flow to the solar panels? I'm sorry for so many questions, I'm just exited to see a very similar project to the one I'm currently working on. especially when I see that you were successful at it!!! Thanks!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.