Noob Needs Help

Jun 10, 2012
Bought a house two years ago and I'm trying to learn everything I can about the pool that came with it. It is a 10,000 gallon in-ground pool built by Blue Haven. I've attached some pictures of my equipment and want to better understand a few things. First, what is the canister to the left of the filter with the busted pressure gauge? I plan on replacing gauge asap. I'm now worried about it because it has some green algae at the bottom. Second, after reading online, I understand that I have an ozonator attached to the house. I've never done any maintenance on this and know little about it other than I need to replace bulbs inside. I don't see any glow inside and doubt it's working as it should based on the previous homeowners maintenance practices on other parts of the house. Third, do Jandy valves tend to leak/need replacing every few years? Mine started leaking and is right above the pump which is leading to some rust. My last question is one of my returns is totally dead and was barely working last year. I think it's underground plumbing that's leaking but wanted to ask. My returns blow huge bubbles every time I turn on the pump no matter how long it has been. Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_3107.JPG
    IMG_3107.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_3108.JPG
    IMG_3108.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_3109.JPG
    IMG_3109.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 47
Welcome to the forum. :lol:

1. I don't know what that thing is with the pressure gauge....I can't wait to find out.....you may not need it, don't replace the gauge just yet.

2. Skip the ozonator....waste of your money

3. Jandy valves wear down but are completely repairable

4. Does the pool lose water when the pump is running?

5. You have a leak that is causing those bubbles. As long as your pump is priming, I would ignore it for now and focus on getting the other things up to speed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.