Converting spa from Baqua to bromine

Blondie77

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 8, 2012
Chino Hills, CA
I have read most of info about starting up new spa and converting pool from Baqua to clorine. Is the process the same converting to bromine? IE, add clorine bleach to bring to proper level first? I drained the spa about 2 months ago and just refilled. Have ordered new test kit. Current readings--clorine 0, ph 7.8, TA 110. That's all I can test for now. Thanks

Yes, it's the same procedure because you drain to remove all the Baqua as much as possible. Just keep in mind that if it isn't all completely removed you can have a bad first water fill experience. Because of this, you might consider after a drain/refill to use a product such as Spa System Flush and then decontaminate with high chlorine levels, then drain/refill again and start the bromine procedure. Up to you. If you just do a drain/refill and start with bromine and have no problems, then that's OK -- just want you to be aware of what might happen.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.