Pollen or Mustard Algae??

Jul 8, 2012
Northampton, PA
Last night we had a major storm here in eastern Pennsylvania. After cleaning the debris out of the pool, I adjusted the chlorine as usual with bleach and began brushing the walls and floor of the pool. When i finished I took the brush head off of the pole and upon doing so noticed something yellow on my hands that I could not get off easily. It looked like iodine the way it stained my fingers. It is also on the brush. My first thought was, "oh no, is this mustard algae?" There were a ton of leaves and small branches in my pool so I am hoping that maybe this is just pollen. Would mustard algae stain like this? My water is very clear and balanced properly. I took pictures of the brush but the files are too large to post apparently.
FC 5
CC 0
pH 7.8
TA 90
CYA 50

I'm unsure where it was located in the pool because I only noticed it on the brush when I was finished. I am unable to see it on the walls or bottom anywhere so I am pretty sure it was pollen and was filtered out. If I notice it again I will update. Thanks for the help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.