Pool Fencing / ladder, gate

Jul 6, 2012
Michigan
We are getting a pool (given to us) that has white fencing along the top of one long side and the two ends. It looks like there are six sections that do not have fencing because the person before us build a big deck.

If we don't build a deck right away, I would like to put fencing on all but one section and have a entry system on the one section that does not have a fence. I'm trying to figure out if this is possible.

With these above ground pools, is the distance from post to post the same all the way around? And the same for all pools???

I did figure out that the pool we are getting has Talcor brand white fencing on it, but I can't figure out how wide each section is and if the fencing would butt up nicely to an entry system.

We have to have some kind of entrance that is safe...so either a ladder that folds up, or something with a gate.

I've been eyeballing this:
ne138.jpg

Here is the picture of the pool we are getting:

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 232
I don't have fencing on my pool, and frankly cannot imagine having it. My pool is in a fenced in yard, but because I did not have a self-locking gate on my fence, I needed one on my pool ladder. If I remember correctly, you were also wanting easy access for your dog. I think the steps you have in mind would be great for that. My steps had a ladder on the outside of the pool and it was a bit difficult for my dog, but he managed. After 4 years, we built a deck (4 years too long) and I was able to remove the outside ladder and just have the inside steps.

We do not have a fenced in back yard. When I called the township I was told we needed a fence with gate that locks on the inside towards the pool, where big kids could still reach over to unlock the gate but little kids couldn't. I was told the white pool fence (that goes on the pool) would be suitable, but now we have the dilemma of not getting the deck and the fencing not going all the way around. And like savdoc said, how to clean it with that fence?!!

I think we really need to go in and talk to the building inspector directly. I'm hoping we can skip the pool fence all together and just put up a locking ladder until we can get a deck built like what the previous owner had.

That is a good idea. If the gate on those steps has a self-locking mechanism, that may be all you need. In my case, the ladder had a solid-type plastic gate that was self-closing/latching and that was good enough for my township.

You can purchase sections of pool fencing seperate. They can break (in windstorms, rowdy pool goers, etc.) so you have to be able to fix it. Try and find out where it was originally purchased and see if you can get the missing sections. It would probably be cheaper than building a deck! :p We had fencing around the enitre pool - except where the ladder was - last year (deck went in this year).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.