Whats the opinion here of Pooltec and Beautec for SWG pools?

cheezedawg

Bronze Supporter
May 12, 2012
Elk Grove, CA
Are they worth the money to use in maintenance dosages?

Details:

Our pool is a little over 2 months old and I maintain it myself. I've been using Pooltec every week for the last month based on the recommendation of the guy that did our start-up service (he normally only services commercial pools, but long story short he did our start-up service as a favor for one of our contractors when we couldn't find a pool service that did start-ups in our area. He wasn't trying to sell me anything, so I trust his advice). He uses Pooltec on all of his commercial pools and recommended a Pooltec regimen in my pool as well. My water is crystal clear, but its hard to say how much the Pooltec is contributing that.

My CH is on the high side (390-400), so I'm also thinking of getting some Beautec to use regularly as well (once a year) to help the SWG and reduce scale on the tile (nothing visible yet).

Our pool is an IG 16k gallon with SWG. Since it seems that people always ask, here are the test results from my Taylor K-2006:

FC: Keep it between 2.5-3.5
CC: 0
TC: 2.5-3.5
TA: 70-80
CH: 400
PH: 7.5 (still fluctuates quite a bit- I add acid 2x-3x/week)
CYA: 30-35
Salt: 3350 ppm

Re: Whats the opinion here of Pooltec and Beautec for SWG po

What is in the Product? Can you post the MSDS? One of the principles we try to adhere to on the forum is not to put anything into your pool you don't need.

Anyone try the PoolTec product? There was a EasyCare rep at my supplier a few weeks ago, but unfortunately they give us one day notices on these events and I did not get a chance to go.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.