Test Results in - Is FC what I should focus on?

jtammy

Jul 3, 2012
Mississippi
My TF-100 came in today and I've tested my water. Here are the results:

FC 1.0
CC 3.0
TA 180
CH 300
CYA 80
PH 7.8

I've already started the shocking process, aiming for a shock FC of 30, since my CYA is 80. Am I on the right track? Should I be concerned with any other levels at this point, or wait until the green swampy is gone?

Also we are filtering 24/7, brushing walls, using leaf rake.

I'm off work the next two days. If I test more frequently (every two hours perhaps) and replenish the FC to 30 more frequently during the day, will I get results faster?

Thanks for the advice!

if you are going to accept that high CYA, then you are right, keep the FC up and follow the shock process.

I would consider replacing 25-40% of the water to let the CYA to a little more manageable level, but not totally a necessity at this point.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone ;)

jblizzle said:
...I would consider replacing 25-40% of the water to let the CYA to a little more manageable level, but not totally a necessity at this point...

Agreed. :goodjob:

Much easier to run the shocking process with a lower CYA.

jtammy said:
My TF-100 came in today and I've tested my water. Here are the results:

FC 1.0
CC 3.0
TA 180
CH 300
CYA 80
PH 7.8

I've already started the shocking process, aiming for a shock FC of 30, since my CYA is 80. Am I on the right track? Should I be concerned with any other levels at this point, or wait until the green swampy is gone?

Also we are filtering 24/7, brushing walls, using leaf rake.

I'm off work the next two days. If I test more frequently (every two hours perhaps) and replenish the FC to 30 more frequently during the day, will I get results faster?

Thanks for the advice!

FC of 30 is correct @CYA 80
With a SWG, 80 CYA is at the top end of the chart.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/chlorine_cya_chart_shock

If I test more frequently (every two hours perhaps) and replenish the FC to 30 more frequently during the day, will I get results faster?
Yes. You will experience less and less FC loss as the process continues so you won't need to do it that often more than a day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.