Stabilizer question

May 31, 2012
Melbourne, FL
Well my pool has been doing great with tfp's help it has been crystal clear! But I did another water test at ace yesterday and my cya is sitting at 13 even though I know the tests are off it was at 37 in my last test. I'm assuming this is why my chlorine has been burning off so quickly. My question is what should I add for stabilizer? Is there a liquid stabilizer I can get locally so I don't have to mess with the shock granules? Thanks in advance!

Yes, if you cya level is 37, then your chlorine loss to the sun will be reduced if you go up to 50 ppm.

I like the price of the granules, so that is what I use. The liquid stabilizer is fine to use though...much more expensive.

linen said:
Yes, if you cya level is 37, then your chlorine loss to the sun will be reduced if you go up to 50 ppm.

I like the price of the granules, so that is what I use. The liquid stabilizer is fine to use though...much more expensive.

My cya is at 13 according to the test I did yesterday. It was 37 on the previous test. I'm aiming for 40 cya atm. How much of the granules should I add then to bring it up to 40? I had problems getting them to dissolve last time though which is why I asked about the liquid.

hard to say how much to add since your test results are so different.

Your best investment would be your own test kit. See link in my signature for the kits we recommend.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone ;)

I would get a test kit with cya but just can't afford it atm. I'm sorry if I wasn't being clear about the test results. The water tested at 37 cya about a month ago. The new test at 13 cya was yesterday. I've had to drain water out a few times due to rain.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.