Cloudy water wont uncloudy ..

So if it worked great, what is the channeling from? I can't remember, what CH level do you have? I seem to remember your TA is high. The channeling could be from a combination of high calcium, high TA and high ph.

I still would like to look at your pump/filter sizing.

TA was off the charts...CH never got a good reading on b/c as I stated several times in the post It never got the color it was supposed to change and I was so busy trying to get the pool clear I was told to not worry about it. Last yr we opened up the pump/filter, as I stated several times in post, and put in new sand. We put in new sand b/c prior to last yr pool season we had algae but managed to clear it so someone suggested we put in new sand....so we did. Then this yr prior to opening up the pool, we checked the pump/filter and the sand WAS NOT channeled back in May of this yr. This had to just happen btwn May, after it was open and running to now. We take apart our filter/pump and store it for winter every yr so if it was channeled in prior yrs we would of seen it. This is the first and other yrs the pool was fine even if we did get some algae it cleared.

Sand/filter top:

Model # Sp0714tx Hayward vari flo XL Valve Serial # 21120901006272064 the bottom that holds the sand holds 100lbs of sand

Pump: Serial #140083m There are rust spots so some of the rest of the info is hard to read in areas but it is a one horse power pump hayward Power Flo LX pump and I think the Model # is Sp15102 (could be a z but it is hard to read with spots on it) 1xbc. This is the pump/filter we bought with the pool at our pool store.

this was our pool last July.....time stamp on picture that was posted on facebook says July 12, 2011. this is what I am saying...we have never had an issue with our pump/filter BEFORE nor have we had an issue cleaning our pool and clearing it if we got algae. Last yr our pool was crystal clear all yr round. We used Bio Guard products though from start to finish. so I am considering going back to them. But this is how our pool looks after we opening it and get the junk out.

That appears to be a 1.4 sq. ft filter which is very small. The pump appears to be a 1 hp power-flo, which is not real big but probably too big for that filter. Combine that with your high TA (and maybe high CH) and you may have a perfect storm...a filter that wanted to channel and calcium building up in it helping to channel.

Could you review these extended test kit instructions for CH, then try to test again? What you described before sounds like a fading endpoint.

pools closed...wont test anything again. sorry. At this point we are getting a different set up next yr...so not going to fool with it any longer. Thanks for input though. I dont see how this is true really b/c prior yrs pool/swimming season was perfect as the pictures show from last yr. Like I said though...Pool is closed for this season. no more testing will be done.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.