Still filling!

May 1, 2012
Louisville, KY
We're at 39.5 inches deep now. Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel :p

And I left a floater with a puck in it last night.

Today's first test reads:

FC=.5
TC=3
CC=2.5
Ph=8
TA=90
CH=90

Heading to the pool calculator now.

Attachments

• satmorn.jpg
    satmorn.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 104
Forgot to say water level not yet high enough to turn on pump, so we've been filling since approx. Noon Friday, all through the night. Hoping water will be high enough in 2-3 more hours. Should I wait to add chemicals until we turn on the pump?

Are you sure your fc is only 0.5 and your cc are 2.5? If you didn't inadvertently switch those numbers, I think that getting some bleach in there would be a good idea. I'll let the experts comment on how to do that without a pump.
Do you have 2 hoses running? Are you on a well?

should have just kept all your posts together.

I think the CC could be due to the chloramines some municipalities use in their water. This should clear up with adding chlorine.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone ;)

Pool is filled now. Pump is on high. Added Ph- about an hour ago, and Ph is down from 8 to 7.6
The CYA sock is up and running, but it's going to take me awhile to get all that's needed in (my sock isn't that big!). Ready to add chlorine! Temp is about 80 degrees last I checked, but it's so hot outside it could be 60 and still feel good, I think :-D

Pump question: Should leave it on high for 24 hrs.?

Thanks, everyone.

probably not required but keeping the pump running well help get that CYA dissolved. Squeeze the shock whenever you walk by.

Start adding bleach to stay above the minimum for your CYA target.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.