Polaris 380 pressure release

Jul 2, 2012
New Jersey
Hey guys, is it normal for the pressure relief valve (the colored valve right next to where the hose connects to wall) to continuosly release pressure ? So far this season whenever its on the pressure shoots out (you can hear the hissing sound) I do not recall if this happened last year but tend to think not. The vacuum seems to run just fine and cleans up well.

I'm pretty sure that's there to help regulate the wheel RPM so that it cleans properly.. it's adjustable so that you can let pressure out if the wheels on the Polaris are spinning too quickly. I have a 360 and have had to occasionally adjust that valve to slow the Polaris down--it'll get moving too quickly and dirt doesn't have a chance to get sucked up and pushed into the bag.

It may be a bad pressure relief valve. Ours has gone bad twice, from the research my wife found online it was because we backwashed with the cleaner hose attached? I now keep a spare on hand (like $15 to replace), and wait for the cleaner to start wheelying, then I just replace it. Has seemed to work?

Yes, it's there to regulate pressure to the cleaner. If it's really bugging you, try pulling the fitting out and reversing it 180 degrees so it's pointing down, rather than up. You can also change the restrictor plate (the red or blue disc that goes behind the fitting that actually screws into the wall)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.