Help identifying pump specs

Jun 2, 2010
Hello,

I have been researching for a possible lower energy replacement pump. The one I have was purchased as part of a package for our above ground pool. Its a 27' round AGP. The pump is a Hayward SP1520Z1EFTC, HP 2.0, SF SPL. What I would like to know is the service factor so I can see what BHP the pump really is. I have searched the www tirelessly and found nothing.

I called Hayward and was told what a replacement part no is and it is also a 2HP pump. He would not answer my question about what is the SF. I asked if this is a true 2HP he said it is a "special low head" pump so it probably has a small impeller. Reduced HP?

I then called AO Smith, they would not tell me the SF either and that their customer, Hayward, asked not to have the it printed on the label.

Does anybody have a clue what the actual HP of this pump is?

So I guess this is a marketing trick to sell lower HP pump as a 2 HP pump to uneducated pool buyers.

AMPS says 15.0, nothing that says FLA. I have attached a pic of the plate. Im guesing this is a SF of .75 giving it a THP of 1.5. Would like to confirm though.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    450.4 KB · Views: 39
SPL is an indicator that the pump is double up rated which has a SF that is less than 1. So a 2 HP SPL is the equivalent of a 1.5 HP up rated pump which is also the equivalent of a 1 HP full rated pump although AG pumps rarely come in full rated versions. So even though the label say 2 HP, it is really operating more like a 1.5 HP AG pump. Add to that, AG pumps are smaller than similar IG pumps so I wouldn't get to wrapped up in label ratings.

Why the interest?

I would like to get a timer that is a little more robust than the one that comes with the pump. Nobody makes a timer where I can just plug the pump into it. Most plug in type timers have a max horse power rating of 1.5 max.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.