Shock turns water green

Jimbow

May 15, 2012
Central PA
I’m not sure if this is the right place but here goes. I just finished setting up a used 18’ AGP and filled it with my well water. I only have a small test kit from a couple of years ago when I set up a ring type pool and I the PH was 7.2. I don’t remember the other tests it did but they all came out in the good range. I put a packet of HTH Shock & Swim in and blew up a couple of inflatables. When I turned around to put them in, the water had turned from a clear to a dark green, this was all within a ten minute period. From what I read it sounds like I have a mineral problem. There is a Leslie Pools and a Namco reasonably close to work. What do I need to buy to clear this up? This has been a fiasco from start to finish (and it’s not even finished yet) trying to get a pool up and running.

What do I need to buy to clear this up?
Sequestrant. It will hold the metals in suspension and clear the pool. Jack's magic is a good brand. dosages will be on the container...use more if it doesn't work.

Your long term solution is to find another source other than the well....you will keep adding iron to your pool if you don't.

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately I don’t have a source for water other than the well, one of the joys of living in the sticks. The only local place that occasionally will deliver the water is the local fire company and they charge $50 per 1,000 gallon. Not something I can afford. I don’t know why the previous pool didn’t change after using the same water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.