Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can't swim, too cold still - so I bought a horse!

1. Back To Top    #1

Can't swim, too cold still - so I bought a horse!

Is this any clue that I need to be kept busy or I'm in trouble? lol

I have actually been looking for a long time and, although we have a LOT of land, my DH is loath to fence anything that can have crops so when my parents said, just keep it here - we wil take care of it and feed it free! Wow, how do you pass on that? They do live 2.5 hrs away though, but seeing that I have to drive 50 miles one way to work or to get groceries and often 125 miles to meetings for work a few times a month, thats not too far. I have teens who love to see my folks and love horses. The folks have a lovely horse farm, a few horses and big hearts.

Anyway, this is Shadow. A 14yr old 16 hands, registered Thoroughbred gelding (actually named Badger in the Hole on his papers, but Ewww) His current family's kids have all gone off to college and they don't need 4 horses anymore. The other they sold was too small for my men, but I fell in love with this fella. He rides smooth and like a dream! He takes voice commands (so no yanking on reins) He has been used in a Sheriff's Rescue Possee and trained in search and rescue, is very sweet and obedient. I just could not resist! I have been seeing him and trying to decide for over a week now, seeing him every day. Finally just said, OK, I'll do it! My folks drove over with a trailer and took him home a few hours ago. Miss him already.

Is this guy a beauty or what? My best friend says that I set the bar high for her, she has bought furniture on a whim but never a horse. Lol. This is no whim - just lucked out and found the right one on short notice.

18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

2. Back To Top    #2

Quite beautiful. Enjoy!
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

3. Back To Top    #3

Wow...what a beauty!!
    18 X 40 IG Vinyl
    Pentair DE filter
    400K BTU Pentair Mini-Max Heater

4. Back To Top    #4
    He's beautiful! I am no horse expert, but have always admired them and have ridden them a few times.
    11,000 gal. gunite w/midnight blue and white pearl PebbleTec
    Intelliflo 4x160 pump
    Intellichlor IC-20 SWG
    Pentair cartridge filter 420 sq. ft.
    Mastertemp 400K BTU heater
    Legend Platinum cleaner
    Pool School
    JasonLion's Pool Calculator
    TF Test Kits

5. Back To Top    #5
    GREAT, now I'm coveting your pool AND your horse!

He is lovely! I learned to ride on Thoroughbreds, so I have a soft spot for them! Enjoy

8200 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, manually chlorinated with 10% liquid, salt added to ~2000, 12" sand filter, 1600gph pump, TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, Chlorine/CYA Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

6. Back To Top    #6
    So when do we get to see the picture of your horse in the pool... he he he
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

7. Back To Top    #7
    Well, thats a scary thought because Shadow does in fact LOVE water and had to be able to cross water as part of his training. Hopefully, he will find a better place to cool off.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!