Can't swim, too cold still - so I bought a horse!

NWMNMom

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 8, 2007
Waaay NW MN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Is this any clue that I need to be kept busy or I'm in trouble? lol

I have actually been looking for a long time and, although we have a LOT of land, my DH is loath to fence anything that can have crops so when my parents said, just keep it here - we wil take care of it and feed it free! Wow, how do you pass on that? They do live 2.5 hrs away though, but seeing that I have to drive 50 miles one way to work or to get groceries and often 125 miles to meetings for work a few times a month, thats not too far. I have teens who love to see my folks and love horses. The folks have a lovely horse farm, a few horses and big hearts.

Anyway, this is Shadow. A 14yr old 16 hands, registered Thoroughbred gelding (actually named Badger in the Hole on his papers, but Ewww) His current family's kids have all gone off to college and they don't need 4 horses anymore. The other they sold was too small for my men, but I fell in love with this fella. He rides smooth and like a dream! He takes voice commands (so no yanking on reins) He has been used in a Sheriff's Rescue Possee and trained in search and rescue, is very sweet and obedient. I just could not resist! I have been seeing him and trying to decide for over a week now, seeing him every day. Finally just said, OK, I'll do it! My folks drove over with a trailer and took him home a few hours ago. Miss him already.

Is this guy a beauty or what? My best friend says that I set the bar high for her, she has bought furniture on a whim but never a horse. Lol. This is no whim - just lucked out and found the right one on short notice.

66.jpg

Well, thats a scary thought because Shadow does in fact LOVE water and had to be able to cross water as part of his training. Hopefully, he will find a better place to cool off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.