How deep does the water need to be before the walls are safe

tick221

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2011
I'm hoping to start the assembly stage of my pool within the next week but we have had a lot of evening thunderstorms. I'm planning on having stakes around the perimeter of the wall while I get to the cove/sand/liner set. What I was wondering is how sturdy is the wall is while staked and how much water needs to be in the pool before the pool is structurally safe from say thunderstorm winds?

Thanks to any and all that reply:)

Re: How deep does the water need to be before the walls are

My husband says water has 8 pounds of force per gallon (he builds water and chemical tanks). I don't know how much force you would need to make the walls sturdy, but maybe your math is better than mine :) I hope that's somewhat helpful.

Eight or ten inches of water will pretty much do it. Until the water is in, it is possible for the whole thing to fall over, though that isn't likely with the smaller sizes, more common with the largest above ground pools.

thanks for the replies, I've decided to wait until I can get the walls up and liner in during the same day

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.