Testing SWG any difference then a non-SWG

Sabot

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 2, 2007
Austin, TX
My neighbor has a SWG pool and loves how my pool looks. She laughed at me when my wife has complained about all the test kits that I have bought over the last year. Recently, she asked if I could test her water for her weekly which I don't mind for it lets me use my test equipment even more. I never had exposure to testing SWG pools, are there any differences in testing? I understand I will need the TF100 test strips for the salt, is there any thing else needed or that I need to know? I will not make any chemical adjustment that is up to her! I put her in touch with Jason's calc as well as to this website. My job is getting her the numbers and the rest is up to her.

The only thing is that the minimum FC/CYA relationship is not the same for a SWCG pool. Find out what level the SWCG manufacturer recommends for the CYA and salt, and you should be set.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.