Pool Rover Jr

Jul 6, 2012
I have a pool rover jr for my above ground pool. This is a replacement for the first one we owned. It cleans very well, but obviously doesn't last long. We figured it was a fluke before and bought another one. Now, the power supply makes a "click,click" sound when I turn it on. This is the same Click sound you hear when it changes the direction of the vacuum, so I'm assuming the timer is bad - going back and forth between directions in half a second, not allowing the vacuum to move. Does anyone know of a good place to look for used replacement parts? A new timer is $50, and we just can't spare it at the moment. I was hoping to find a new power supply on ebay, but, if I find a compatible one, it's close to the price of a whole new vacuum.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Our PRJ has lasted us now 5yrs and still going. I know you have probably tried this but disconnect the power supply and turn the unit switch off. Our has a adjustable timer, and I know some do not, but if your is adjustable, you may want to set it at the middle setting, which should switch directions every 30 sec or so.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.