Clogging issue

dz09rn

Jul 6, 2012
I have a 16x48 Intex Ultra with the filter/pump it came with and a salt water pump hooked up. The filter for the suction port that is under the skimmer attachment gets clogged with grass and smaller particles that are too small for the skimmer basket but too big to fit through the holes of the and reduces the suction power of the pump/filter and creates a low flow alarm on the salt water pump until its cleaned off.

I also have a Creepy Crawly Lil Shark automatic vacuum that works great through the skimmer port, but clogs that wall filter with debris very quickly.

Is there a different adapter that I can use that doesnt have the wall filter/grate thing? Can I trade out the original skimmer apparatus for a "Hayward SP1091WM Dyna-Skim Above-Ground Pool Skimmer Kit" and still be able to skim and vacuum?

I hope this makes sense...
Thanks!
D

A little of both. The pool (my yard) is kinda in the middle of a pretty windy corn field and now it us VERY dry conditions so the grass is just turning to dust and sticking to everything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.