Reset Easytouch low voltage breakers

tomzo

LifeTime Supporter
May 29, 2011
Escondido, CA
Greetings,

While wiring in a new relay for a valve actuator I tripped the middle 18V breaker on the easy touch control panel. It tripped when I inadvertently shorted out the relay leads coming off the panel for a brief moment (DUH!). The center breaker (marked "relay") tripped but it won't reset. I powered down and reset the breaker but when I power back up it trips again within a few seconds and won't reset. I have disconnected the offending plug so that is not shorted anymore.

I hope I am just not resetting this breaker right - if not I worry that the board may be toast. The pump is working fine but none of my relays work (obviously) without that breaker.

Any thoughts? It is too late to call Pentair tonight - I will be calling first thing in the AM.

Of course this happens as I prepare for our first ever neighborhood pool party in our pool which was completed only a few months ago. UGH!

Thanks in advance

Tom

Ugh - I toasted my motherboard. The Pentair tech walked me through the troubleshooting and the relay portion of the board is toast. It still runs the pump fine and all but it will not operate the valves or relays. I am such an idiot - I powered down when making my connections but tried to make an adjustment later without powering down and shorted the relay circuit out. THat should serve as a lesson to me....DUH

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.