Liner measurements

jasgal

Jul 5, 2012
I have a liner that was ordered for my in-ground pool. the pool is 8 ft deep in the deep end with a straight drop of 2' 8" before a slop starts. the liner was done incorrectly and it was entered as a 3' 6" straight drop before the slop. that is a 10 inch difference. can anyone advise me on if this is going to cause a huge problem with putting the liner in. I hope i can make it work. please let me know any advise is great. this is the hopper part of the pool

Welcome to TFP.

Who measured the pool? If you measured it and gave the mfg the measurements you'll probably have to live with it but if a company measured it then they're responsible for making it right.

It's most likely going to wrinkle because the straight drop will extend down into the hopper the 10" difference.

Right now i am not positive who made the mistake. I did the measurements as it shows on the plans, but the way it shows it doesnt show the dept to the hopper but the dept to the shollow end. I am just confused. do they account for the standard hopper since i told them I have a standard hopper.

When measuring a liner there's no such thing as standard. Each point should have been measured and noted on the drawing. I can't believe they built a liner without all the measurements being on the drawing.

So you're saying that the slope of the hopper begins above the shallow end floor on the sides and the end?

There is a slop, the pool is 3'6" but the slop starts at 2'8". and I did tell them on a phone call that I noted in the drawing that the slop starts at 2'8". im just really confused at this point. i feel i am just going to have to try to make it work. I have a feeling it will be put back on me so they wont have to replace the liner.

I would also like to know how long can my pool be empty. i am planning on draining it 2 days before installing the new liner, so we can do any repairs and cleaning that need to be done.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
well liner has finally arrived and yes the wall is measuring at 42" before the sloop of the hooper starts (it is really 32"). I called the dealer and he is trying to see how this will effect the install. I am so upset because after going through my measurements i wont be able to put it on them and get a new one without paying. So my questions is "does anyone here know if the is any repairable way to install this liner?" any advise would be great here. thank you

Still waiting to hear from the manufactures on the liner. the dealer told me if the deep of the pool was wrong that would be a huge problem but the deep its not its just the part where the wall ends and the sloop starts thats wrong. crossing my fingers right now.

Drained the pool last night and found out that the bottom is not vermiculite, but really a sand bottom. Any advise on this would be great. Can we change the side of the pool to match the liner from 2'8" to 3'6"? Thank you

Anything is possible but without seeing the pool it's hard to say how much work it will be.

Are you saying that the slope is sand and it rises up the wall 10"? If so, then fixing it to match the liner should be an easy job.

Great!!!!, how long can do I have to work with the pool empty. we live in an area that is in the 80-90's right now, and we hope to have it completed by sat morning. we are wanting to put in new tracking today and tomorrow and repair the corners.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.