Not a great start...

May 1, 2012
Louisville, KY
It seems like not a good sign that the Before U Dig person came out today (while we were at work), the day before install of our pool, and marked four flags inside the 27' perimeter. This can't be a good thing, right? :cry:

Attachments

• bud.jpg
    bud.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 147
You may want to move the pool over a bit if you have room. Usually they don't have to dig too deep to level the ground, but if you have enough space to move it over it may make things easier in the long run.

I would suggest moving the site several feet outside where they marked with the flags, PLUS, use EXTREME caution when digging along that side of the site, they have been known to miss the mark when locating stuff unground.

At least if you don't move those flags, and now that you have pics of it, if you do damage something it is on them, but if you do damage something buried it could be very dangerous, thus my warning to use extreme caution in that area.

Digging or not I would totally avoid setting up a pool over where they have marked, if your luck is anything like mine, as soon as you get the pool full there will be someone knocking on your door telling you they need to dig up something and you will have to drain the pool and move it out of their way!

Ha, ya those lines are definitely a problem...and your correct, an extension cord is not the way to go, you should have a dedicated circuit for the pump.
Hey, at least your doing it all properly and found out ahead of time, had you just brought in an excavator and started digging you'd have one major headache.

Good luck with the rest of it!!

This is actually Mary Ann's husband and I came home and found the utility flags and markings and I tried something novel --- i read what the markings said. NO LWC (water), NO CTV (cable), NO LGE (gas), NO LGE (electricity). We're good to go. I apologize for my wife getting you all in a tizzy. I swear, she's really bright -- smarter than me -- but she does jump to conclusions.

This is Mary Ann's husband again. We've got a dedicated line that goes to the patio and it's got a GFI plug on it. If I get a 12-gauge extension cord that is certified for 20 amps, is there a problem with me running the pump on a temporary basis until we get the deck built and electricity installed?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The wife here. I humbly post the B.U.D. photo, taken by my husband. It's says "No" to the utilities being underneath. Explains why they left no note at the door. They were trying to communicate via spray paint, and I missed it! :roll:

Attachments

• bud2.jpg
    bud2.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 91
That's just crazy they would mark were they are not located....did they mark where they are located? I mean how do we know they are not on the other side of the pool's circle? did they check the pool's circle everywhere? What if you decide to move the pool 5 ', are their any lines there? WHERE ARE THE LINES!?!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.