Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Please welcome our new Jr. Admin...

1. Back To Top    #1

Please welcome our new Jr. Admin...

I'm pleased to announce that JasonLion has agreed to be the site's Jr. Admin (we may need to change that title to something a little more fitting.) 8)

Jason has been a continuous source of great advice to TFP members as well as serving as a moderator. His background both in pool care and programming will be of great assistance in the admin duties and frankly, I can use all the help I can get!

Jason, thanks again!

Sean
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

2. Back To Top    #2

Thanks Jason!

It's refreshing to have a pool forum where we all get advice from other owners, previous owners and best of all honest pool store owners/employees!

Doesn't get any better than this place to know you're not getting taken advantage of!

Thanks Jason, Sean & the hardest working Mods out there
    My pool works thanks to TFP

Please support the site! pages/supporters/

It's cheaper than your first trip to the pool store!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    Hey, Jason,

Thank you for accepting this responsibility. You are already a big asset to the forum and this will only make the forum better. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge and your time.....we'll all benefit.

PS - Sean will probably work you like a dog. Of course, you'll be able to quit your current profession when you start to receive the HUGE salary I'm confident he has promised you!!
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Programmers are an asset, that is for sure. Congrats man, hope Sean doesn't bother you too much... :P

Good work to the mods and Sean for keeping things hopping in here. I have seen many forums die from neglect, and this one is still going strong.
    steve

Above Ground / 18' Round / Vinyl Liner / Sand Filter / 100K Gas Heater / Salt Added / No Nature2

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome Jr. Admin!

Sean, some screen name tag / title suggestions...

"Junior"
    "Admin Assistant"
    "Admin part deux"
    or simply "Site Admin" as he really is a site administrator when you get down to it

CRaig
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

6. Back To Top    #6
    It was the default title for that role and the only reason I make a distinction, aside from a couple of small differences in capabilities, is that I do get e-mails and pm's from users about site issues directed to me as the site owner, that would not be handled by anyone else.

We'll come up with something more appropriate. I'm leaning towards "Forum Admin."
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

7. Back To Top    #7

SPEECH... SPEECH... SPEECH!!!!
    My Pool:
    12K gal IG gunite with 7' raised spa, gunite waterfall, PebbleTec Caribbean Blue finish, solar heating & in-floor cleaning system

Equipment: Sta-Rite 300' Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC20 SWCG, Sta-Rite 400k BTU heater, Intelliflow 4x160 main pump & Sta-Rite 3/4 hp waterfall pump, EasyTouch controlls w/ wireless controller, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry
    It was the default title for that role and the only reason I make a distinction, aside from a couple of small differences in capabilities, is that I do get e-mails and pm's from users about site issues directed to me as the site owner, that would not be handled by anyone else.
    SeanB,

Well, with that explanation, how about.....

"Oh Revered One" for you and "Oh Only Slightly Less Revered One" for Jason?
    Dave S. - Forum owner

9. Back To Top    #9
    congrats jason.

just curious Sean, enless i missed it.

how come you announced jason being promoted, but did not mention the new Moderator Jjparrish???

i think they both equally require an announcement. or did i screw up and she has always been a mod???

10. Back To Top    #10
    She was always a mod in spirit. You know, I don't remember if I announced her new status or not. I guess the cat's out of the bag now.

Thanks Joyce!!!
    TFP Founder

11. Back To Top    #11

BRAVO !!!!
    35,000 GL pool. In Ground. Concrete with all white ceramic tiles. Outdoor but shaded.
    Approx 36 ft by 15 feet. 2HP Hayward Super Pump, Hayward Sand Filter with Zelbrite ( Zeolite ), Hayward Cartridge Filter, Aquamatic Silver+Copper Ionizer ( suspended use since Oct 2008 ), Prozone Ozonator, 2 gram/hr, Analog Flowmeter on pipe

Back Up Pump & Filter on trolley, Pentair 1.5HP + Pentair Cartridge Filter, Slime Bag 1 micron Jumbo Size, downstream of Cartridge

12. Back To Top    #12

I am guessing that this means my interview didn't go to well huh?

Congrats Jason
    27' Round AG, 17,200 gallons, sand filter

13. Back To Top    #13

In the Industry
    Poolidiot,

Good One!!!
    Dave S. - Forum owner

14. Back To Top    #14
    Thank you one and all!

Now if everyone would just stop being so well behaved, I might actually get to moderate something
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

15. Back To Top    #15

No speech? :P
    steve

Above Ground / 18' Round / Vinyl Liner / Sand Filter / 100K Gas Heater / Salt Added / No Nature2

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion

Now if everyone would just stop being so well behaved, I might actually get to moderate something
    hmmmm If you knew me, you would NOT suggest misbehaving I could be your 1st Ban
    27' Round AG, 17,200 gallons, sand filter

17. Back To Top    #17
    Congrats Jason! ...and thanks to Sean and all the mods for keeping this place such a joy to visit (and learn!)

thanks all,
    dan
    21' Aqua-Leader AGP (10,200 gallons).
    Hayward cartridge filter and two speed pump.
    Aqua-Cal HeatWave 100k (HeatPump)
    Salt 3200ppm (in non-salt water pool)
    Borates 20ppm (slowly raising)
    Aqua-Rite SWG