IG Wood Pool Kit

izzysm

Aug 25, 2011
Has anyone installed, or does anyone own an in-ground wood panel vinyl liner pool? I am considering this option as a DIY project and wanted to get some pros or cons from some people that have experince with this system. Mainly how long has it lasted?

My pool which is 31 years old is a vinyl pool with wood framing, a couple of years ago I had a plumbing elbow blow out under the concrete decking and had to jack hammer up a section to repair it. This exposed the back of the wood bracing which appeared to still be very solid after all these years in the ground. On that note I will say that this is in red clay soil, and that the treatment chemicals used for pressure treated wood changed about 10 years ago due to environmental concerns.

Ike

Isaac-1 said:
I had a plumbing elbow blow out
Ike
:cry:
Sorry to here about the plumbing failure, but that is assuring news about the woods longevity.
Thanks for both replies. Im going to run some numbers, if the wood makes budget sense Im going that route.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.