Redneck Pool Cover

Flawed

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
so I had an idea - I have a 16' round AG intex easy set. Has anyone ever thought of dropping a 18' trampoline on top of it as a cover? The whole trampoline, not just the mat. I'm thinking I can just lift the trampoline over the pool and wah-la!! covered! thoughts anyone?? I did a search on trampoline, trampoline as cover, etc. and got nothing. if you know of a link, put it up please.

Have you ever seen a trampoline take off like a UFO in a bit of wind?? I'd be concerned about keeping it secured down enough, without damaging the inflatable ring. Would the weight of it squish the ring down?

PAGirl said:
Have you ever seen a trampoline take off like a UFO in a bit of wind?? I'd be concerned about keeping it secured down enough, without damaging the inflatable ring. Would the weight of it squish the ring down?

ah - i have the metal frame one, should have clarified. I also have some extra trailer anchors laying around (imagine that) to anchor it to the ground.

Shane1 said:
There is a house several miles from my home that has their trampoline strung up to work as a shade for the pool.

shhh... dont tell the wife.....

Flawed said:
PAGirl said:

ah - i have the metal frame one, should have clarified. I also have some extra trailer anchors laying around (imagine that) to anchor it to the ground.

Shane1 said:
There is a house several miles from my home that has their trampoline strung up to work as a shade for the pool.

shhh... dont tell the wife.....

LOL I love a positive attitude. Hey here you can put a pool on your tampoline http://www.jumpsport.com/pr-js-SplashCo ... ccessories

How much does it weight?

kplaster said:
That's alot of weight on that plastic leg's of the pool...

mine?? Mine are metal. I could probably run some thick walled pvc inside em to strengthen em up. The wife and i *really* want a semi secure/tight cover on it. we live in the woods, there's gonna be critters....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Richard320 said:
I just picture the little rednecks deciding to climb on and start bouncing while its on the pool....

nahhhh they're having too much fun on the pirate ship!! ( I did mention this was redneck Kentucky, didn't I??) :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 387048_10150350126896048_1149543232_n.jpg
    387048_10150350126896048_1149543232_n.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 214
Shane1 said:
There is a house several miles from my home that has their trampoline strung up to work as a shade for the pool. It's been that way for a couple years now so it has stood the test of time. Jeff Foxworthy would be proud :goodjob: .

LOL this is awesome! I can hear Jeff on stage now was driving through Kentucky and I saw this..."You might be a redneck if..you use your trampoline to cover your pool"

I may have to use this idea...we throw a redneck/white trash party every year where everyone dress up in their favorite style. I let my grass grow without cutting it for weeks we place all our holiday decorations in the front yard....Beer bottle wind chimes, undewear stained with coffee hanging between the house and garage, the works...lol Now I can add the trampoline pool cover...SWEET :party:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.