AGP - Drain not attached to liner.

Jul 5, 2012
I am a new pool owner and have had a heck of a time. I am coming to you for advice after spending multiple days leveling out a section on my hill by tractor, hand, and sand. Putting up a free pool - Taking down a free pool. Buying a new pool and putting it up - Draining a new pool and taking it down.

My mom moved and gave me and the kids her 16x48 (not really) above ground Intex pool. The pool was almost completely setup before realizing it was 18x48. I ended up taking the pool down (I couldn't figure out how to fit 18' into 16')

I ended up going to K-mart for an Intex (16x42) easy set pool. After installing it yesterday, I started filling last-night. I got up around 3:00am to check on the filling and awoke to a major problem.

The drain plug is leaking. The inside plug and the outside cap are both secure. The leak is coming from the fact that the plastic piece on the inside of the pool isn't even fully "attached" to the pool. I am not sure what kind of sealant or bond is used but it doesn't look like part of it received any at all.

My options:

Take the pool back
Call Intex and see what they tell me
Try to repair the defect

Is there anything I am missing here? Are there any other options I have? If I decide to repair what type of bond should I use? I would love to use my free pool but digging out my bank more on each side isn't going to happen.

They normally weld those in place and if it's loose I'd either call Intex and see what they say or just pack it up and take it back. It's probably a lot quicker to just take it back and get a replacement.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.