cleaning above ground intex pool

Jul 4, 2012
I did not take my pool down over the winter and my husband thought a good idea to emty pool. Now i need to clean it. there is dirt and leaves dried to the bottom. Any ideas on best way to get the dirt and leaves out to have a nice pool to enjoy the rest of the summer.
Thanks....Wendy

brush and shop vac until it's as clean as you can get it when dry.....then add a bit of water and brush/drain as best you can.

Then fill with water, add chlorine/CYA and enjoy!

When we had our 18 ft by 4 foot Intex blow up ring pool we emptied it and would leave it lay on the ground. We live in Missouri so can have some pretty harsh winters. In the spring we would buy a few jugs of bleach and a couple of cheap brooms (we would get ours at the Dollar Tree). Take the hose squirt water on the pool and then add some bleach and scrub with the brooms. The brooms kept us from having to get do all the work on hands and knees (although there were always a few stubborn spots that would need to be scrubbed with a nylon bristle brush). Never took long to clean and we did that for approximately 3 springs before we got our current pool. We didn't have a shop vac and I wasn't interested in investing in one for just this use.

Heck... once you get the dry stuff vacuumed out, and dumped out of the vacuum. Wet the leftovers, scrub with a brush and soap and suck up the muddy water with the shop vac. Lather rinse repeat until clean and then set it up and fill it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.