Dual Pumps for Intex 12x36 Pool Question

gusd2

Jul 4, 2012
Hi,

I bought my first Intex AGP this year and had some questions on my potential pump setup. Currently running an index 1500gph pump attached to the Intex Saltwater Clorinator. What makes my setup a bit odd is I have moved my pumps 20 to 25 feet from the pool inlets as I wanted the pump power cords to reach the outlets as well as keep the pumps away from the kids while swimming. The setup seems to work and yet I am concerned that forcing the pump to push water the additional 25 feet is going to cause me early hardware failure.

I still have the original 500gph pump that came with the pool and was thinking of installing it inline with the other. Theory is they will work together and shoulder the load thereby doing a better overall job and avoiding early failure.

Stupid idea? What do you all think?

Thanks!

Having your pumps 25' away from the pool is not a good thing. I don't think that the pump will last long. You should either move them closer or get a better filter like a 2600 Sand filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.