Complete after 8 months!

shep377

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 27, 2012
If someone says "go ahead and do it all yourself".. run. This entire project was grass last September, but now is about done except for finishing touches and garden growing. I had a brotherinlaw who would show up here and there and say, "Good. Your next step is to...". But I learned how to run an excavator and stamp concrete and ... and... There are a number of things I would do differently now, but I am happy with the overall result.

A few things of note from the build: I put in umbrella sleeves with caps here and there around the deck. I put solar in the concrete. I ran gas lines for tiki torches around parameter gardens - I wish I could find these for cheaper that look this nice! The armor stone was huge and over the weight limit of my forklift which made it fun.

I still have to put in some more river rock along the sides, more planting, build a bench/box to cover the plumbing, install my gas tiki torches, outdoor kitchen or bar, cleanup the yard and a few other odds and ends. BUT the kids are swimming which is what counts!

IMG-20120625-00105.jpg

IMG-20120626-00112.jpg

IMG-20120625-00108.jpg

IMG-20120626-00113.jpg

IMG-20120626-00111-1.jpg

And thanks everyone in this forum! I have learned so much already and on my way to running BBB!
Cheers!

You are telling me! I plan on building a big bench to hide all the plumbing across most of the wall, and putting a back rest, and putting a higher up piece with pegs for towels, and painting the door... but I don't really have a choice about what's left. I should just always take photos from the other direction!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.