Tiny air bubbles all through my pool

Jul 4, 2012
Hi - I have a small suction side air leak that I have yet to find, and it creates some easily seen air bubbles coming into the pool when the pump is running - all concentrated near the inlet. But my question is not about those bubbles. I have tiny air bubbles distributed throughout my pool water - you can't see them in normal light and pool water is crystal clear. But if the sun is at the right angle, or you are at eye level in the pool, you can see them coming to the surface and popping - they actually create little jets that pop off the water surface several inches- and the bubbles are distributed evenly throughout the pool water- not just by the inlets and not just near the surface. You can see the tiny bubbles really well at night with pool lights (pump not running). They are there all the time - even if the pump has not been running since the day before. Can this be caused by my air leak? Pool info: 40,000 gallons, 1.5HP pump, sand filter with glass media, and my sanitation system is CL Free (which I love, if anyone wants to know more).

ZeroChlorine said:
I do not use any chemicals - my system is copper ion and titanium electrolysis. I just add some calcium occasionally and adjust the pH. The water is great - just has the bubbles as described.

You need to quit swimming in your pool or use a sanitizer. You are endangering the health of anyone who swims there.

ZeroChlorine said:
Can you explain your thought? I need to make sure you are not just someone with a prejudice against alternative systems. Tell me what your thoughts have to do with the bubbles?

No prejudice here, just facts. You seem to have a prejudice towards chlorine though. Put your research up first and we will go from there.

ZeroChlorine said:
Can you explain your thought? I need to make sure you are not just someone with a prejudice against alternative systems. Tell me what your thoughts have to do with the bubbles?

It's simple. Your pool is unsanitized and dangerous. If you find a manufacturer claiming their product is safe for a pool without adding chlorine, bromine or biguanide, they are in violation of law, as those are the only three approved sanitizers. You are either mistaken about your product's instructions, or more likely you are dealing with another one of the shyster companies who lie about their products.

Your metal ions don't do anything but keep your water looking pretty. Your water is not safe for people to swim.

JohnT said:
Your metal ions don't do anything but keep your water looking pretty. Your water is not safe for people to swim.

WRONG!!!

His copper turns blondes green with envy before the unsanitary water makes em sick.

Bubbles or not, you need to get a sanitized pool there bub.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.