Instant Chlorine?

I don't see the MSDS, but since the directions say it is granuals (& broadcast & brush, etc), my guess is that it is dichlor or possibly trichlor -just repackaged and renamed.

Someone will find the MSDS for us. :)

I did a search on it and could not find out the exact ingredients but it appears to be a weakened chlorinating product in a powdered form. It may or may not be a trichlor/dichlor product, but it cannot be used to shock a pool since it does not apparently have enough sanitizing properties to do that - only to lightly maintain an already balanced pool. The reviews found at other sites pretty uniformly state that it will maintain an already balanced pool if it is added continuously but could not rectify an algae bloom or drifting FC issues. The product name is owned by Cortz, Inc., which owns In the Swim. I could find no MSDS on the product.

Butterfly said:
I don't see the MSDS, but since the directions say it is granuals (& broadcast & brush, etc), my guess is that it is dichlor or possibly trichlor -just repackaged and renamed.

Someone will find the MSDS for us. :)
I'm not having any luck finding an MSDS. They're rather secretive.

It's going to be either Dichlor or Cal-hypo.

EDIT: Cal-hypo http://i.poolproducts.com/pdf/Y7700-manual.pdf

Would this be worth the effort for a friend to use while we're gone on vacation for a week? Beats them having to handle liquid bleach. My calcium level is only 50 or 60ish. Or is regular cal-hypo cheaper/better? I've never priced/used it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.