Mars HP

dfiletti

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 12, 2008
Thornton, PA
Folks-

ANYONE that may have an old Mars HP (blue, ball style) laying around, that they have any desire to get rid of, PLEASE contact me? I'm fairly desperate, frankly.

I need a critical part that is completely unavailable. The plastic part with the male threaded end that the hose attaches to, is broken and it will not work the way it is. Tried to glue it several different ways, but that did not work. I have tried to future proof myself when I saw this was no longer being sold, I have all sorts of extra parts, but, not this one! (Of course!).

Anyway I'd be happy to buy any old system that has this part. Sure would be nice to not have to throw the whole thing out for lack of one part...

Let me know,

Dan
cell: 484-467-5536

By the way, if by any chance anyone knows where I can source my broken part, -it's called the "Mars HP FMS" (part # W69611), I would happily pay a finders fee.

That said, I have scoured, seemingly the whole net, even called Barracuda, to no avail.

Just trying to cover all bases, but I'm not all that hopeful.

Thanks,

Dan

I've owned a Mars HP for 7 years and have become a self-taught expert on repairing them. The Mars HP is a great design except the plastic is susceptible to cracking and separating. Part W69611 is sometimes described as "MARS HP FMS KIT W69611". I have also searched pool part websites with no luck. The part is the heart of the Mars and is basically a manifold that distributes high pressure water through 5 jets to propel the wheels and create suction for debris pickup. The high pressure and Nylon-like plastic make long lasting repairs difficult. I've repaired mine several times where seams have separated. The best repair is made by gluing the crack with "Plast Aid" at: http://www.plast-aid.com. I've also had success using a soldering iron to melt the crack back together then using a flat blade on the soldering iron to melt a patch of plastic over the repaired crack. I've contemplated asking my local pool store to search for the part but I hate with a passion going near those thieves. Let us know if you find a supplier. Good Luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.