Getting white particles in water on output side of filter

I have a valve on the output side of my filter that i use to check to make sure the water is clear going back into the pool. I guess it was put there when the pool was built before they had multi-valves. I am getting a slight film on the water line in the pool and in the cup that i test the water with. I have replaced my whole mutli-valve due to the insides were all craked and broken and all new filter elements this week. Replaced the top manifold last year. Everything is seating up well and all gaskets are lubed and fit tight inside the DE filter. I cant for the life of me find out what this is. I am trying to turn my pool right now and I think that is the reason it will not clear up. Any suggestions guys/gals?? Thanks in advance.

Sorry they aren't the best pics but was trying to get them with the flashlight to see the film better :hammer:

photo-1.jpg

photo1-1.jpg

Re: Getting white particles in water on output side of filte

A film on the water isn't caused by anything mechanical. Post a full set of test results and how you got them.

You're to close to whatever that is for me to tell what it is or why you posted it. Back off a little and repost it.

It looks worse at night with the flashlight going in. Looking at in the day looks like its more of just very small particles floating. Cant get a really good pic of it sadly. The pool has just been cloudy the past couple days and was thinking it was becouse of the output side not giving off 100% clear water. I am not seeing any DE settleing in the cup if i let it sit for a while and the water turns clear but only after it is sitting for a while. I am probibly looking at somethign that isnt a real big deal but I have had DE leaks in the past and it looked about the same. My overnight tests show about 1.5 loss in FC and my CC is about .5
All tested with the big TF kit.
FC 17
pH 7.5
TA 80
CH 240
CYA 48

in the process of shocking as we speak. I didn't notice that the pool is getting cleared up today. I just think it was something that the pump wasn't grabbing or was just like the film or specs in the water that you get when shocking. I will update if I see the problem persist in the next couple of days. Thanks for the reply's Bama even thue I feel i pulled the panic trigger a bit quick on it. Just was worried something was wrong because I had to replace so much this year and was getting frustrated

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.