Water looks cloudy at night when light is on??

May 27, 2012
This is our first year as AG pool owners...so far so good...our water has looked pretty clear for the most part except at night it looks a little cloudy right in front of the light. You can see teeny tiny little "partlicles" floating around. I added clarifier yesterday per the pool store's advice & we vacuumed (can't really tell any difference)...We have a SWG but I went ahead & added 1lb of cal hypo shock this evening since we've had alot of dirt/pollen/leaves in the pool & alot of swimmers. My question is...does the water normally look like this @ night with the light on? And if not could it be due to the dirt & pollen?? Thanks!!

Nighttime obviously is the easiest time to see debris and all pool's have it to some degree.

It could be that your pump is oversized for you filter. What filter do you have? Post the model number or post a pic of the label on the side of the filter. Also post what model pump (not just the motor) you have.

Be careful with the cal-hypo, it adds calcium along with chlorine. Do you know your current CH level?

linen said:
Nighttime obviously is the easiest time to see debris and all pool's have it to some degree.

It could be that your pump is oversized for you filter. What filter do you have? Post the model number or post a pic of the label on the side of the filter. Also post what model pump (not just the motor) you have.

Be careful with the cal-hypo, it adds calcium along with chlorine. Do you know your current CH level?

I thought CH was not a worry with an AGP?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.