rejuvenating an old intex 2500 gallon filter pump

raidencmc

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 18, 2011
Cochranville, PA
Last year my pump started acting up. If you turned it off sometimes it would not turn on. If you turned it on and off a few times it would turn back on. I checked for obstructions and found none. I assume it is on its way out. Is there anything I can do to help it along? I tried taking it apart and was going to try and give it a a shot of wd40 or silicone spray on the brushes but couldn't find any. Is it a lost cause or is there anything I can do?

I just took it apart. I couldn't see the V that you were talking about. I googled it and didn't see anything that looked like my pump. It seems to have a fan on the back and beyond that I see the windings of the motor. But I gave the fan a spin and it moved very freely. I hate to use the smaller backup pumps and really want this one to work. I did test it and it hummed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well I was looking at the other thread and they mentioned using a regular can style. At the store the guy looked at me like I had 3 heads. And he knew it was from a pool. He offered me a 15uF and said it shouldn't make a difference. I imagine the cap was for starting the motor given the fact that the white wire just passes through. But it worked and if it blows up hopefully it won't get the pool!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.