UGH.. rain during install and issues

Jun 28, 2012
:grrrr: Newbie who's been lurking on here as we were prepping to install an 18 foot 48" sharkline reprieve. First issue has been resolved as they forgot to put the wall bars in our kit. Had to wait a few days to get it (over those days it was dry as a bone). Fast forward to this morning when we finally were able to get the bar in and finish tamping the sand. Next thing we know, a storm blows up and dumps a ton of rain. We had just put down a cover that is supposed to prevent rocks and grass from poking the liner. Its covered in water and the sand is a pile of mush. We're not sure if it will dry out quicker with the cover on or off. Its black and a real heavy material similar to landscaping fabric. The base of the pool is clay with sand over it so not sure how long this will take to drain. ANy ideas, advice?? The location gets sun for several hours a day.

I dislike delays and I am getting them too. Thankfully not rain. Ours was ground water. We are about in the same stage as you. Hope things get better for you. :) I agree about rolling back the cover and for the same reason.

Oh.. Welcome to TFP! :mrgreen:

Thanks guys!! Thats what I was thinking too because the cover may hold the moisture alittle. Newest issue is more severe storms coming our way overnight. I did what I could to get plastic in there without going in. We'll see how this goes!! It all went pretty smooth until the missing part besides rain pooling in our site. It was dried out before the pool came and we were ready to go. Hope the other delayed projects get going soon!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.