Vinyl liner coming off again

Re: Vinyl liner coming off again pic

7514308476_5c0ac81304_s.jpg

hairdryer or boiling water to soften liner, use liner lock i have stuck in a popcicle stick as a quick fix. Be careful with electric around the pool and dont make it too hot with the dryer....

What can I use to prevent this from coming off again? I can't be the only one with this problem. I have used the hot water method. But it is too hard on my hands, so isn't there a tool to use?

No tool, just brute strength. I used to have this problem every now and again and was always able to fix it myself by lowering the pool a bit and using muscle and hot water. This year, I had it happen in 2 pretty large areas and no matter how hard I pulled, and how much hot water I used, I could barely get an inch back in the track in over an hour. I had to call the dreaded "pool guy" to come and fix it $$. They (2 beefy fellows) lowered the pool (multiple times) almost to the floor in the shallow end and finally got it done in almost two hours. I'm getting weaker as I age!! Once it gets back in, place "liner-lock" in the bead to keep the liner in place. http://www.amazon.com/Liner-Lock-Beaded ... B004WJMR2O

Good luck!

Gerry

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.