Need help adjusting hayward navigator

laff66

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 18, 2007
Plano, TX
I've got a Hayward Navigator Ultra that came with our house, so I have no instructions, video, tools, gauges, or anything to adjust it with. Does anyone know where I can find this info? I've looked all over the internet, and can't seem to find anything relevant.
This thing is so finicky, its driving me crazy! The other day it was climbing out of the water onto the tile, and now it won't go five feet! I've cleaned everything, checked the suction, which is very strong, and I don't know why it all of a sudden isn't working.
I've ordered all the lower parts that tend to wear, so maybe that will help, but I don't understand why its so on and off.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I am on the verge of buying a robotic cleaner!!

You might need to replace the wings...are they past the wear lines? When the feet wear out, it doesn't move wear either.

Usually when I have found it not going anywhere, something was stuck in the throat. Remove the screw and make sure its clear in there and can turn....happens a lot in pebble pools as the pebble lodges in the vanes/teeth.

I've got the wings, feet, pods, and front and rear flaps ordered to be replaced. As I said though, it was working great, and then all of a sudden it wasn't. I've dismantled it, and there's nothing stuck in it. Its been this way since I've had it, which is why I'd like to make sure its adjusted properly.
The other problem I've had all along is that there is a very fine line between this thing running great and running the pump dry. What I mean is that the valve that diverts between the skimmer and the cleaner can be adjusted to the point where the cleaner is flying around the pool (or at least it was until this latest deal) but the pump is barely able to suck up enough water to keep from cavitating. If I back it down just a little, the pump wont run out, but the cleaner wont be able to get out of the deep end??!!@#$%

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.