Flawed

Flawed

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
Booyas to the TFP crew!! Greetings from the great Commonwealth of Kentucky! First time pool owner here. Wife thought I was *crazy* when I bought an Intex Easy Set 16'x48" off CL for $80.00. a little scrubbing, and wah la! It's filling now. Been thru the Pool School, went over the BBB twice already. Let's get this baby rolling!! The Kids/Grandkids/Nieces/Nephews are already dancing around wanting in. Thanks for this awesome resource, can't wait to "get er done".... Next up - the TF-100!!

yessir yessir! already added it to the cost of the kit, XL style... pool maintenance/upkeep you know. The wife is gonna s%^t when I start rolling in bottles of bleach, boxes of borax and baking SODA (*not* powder). She has a friend with a 21' that absolutely *devastated* their bank account last year. Went to swamp, it took three months, and many, many 'pool professionals' to get it right again. Can't wait til her friend sees this!!

Thanks for the hi dee ho!! I'm an amateur photographer, so yeah, we get pics!!

They were so excited, I let 'em in half filled.....

Attachments

• DSC_8815.JPG
    DSC_8815.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 268

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
crek31 said:
Love that white liner - just gives the water the prettiest color! Was that purchased this year?

I got it used off of CL for $80.00 Pump Included! Cleaned it up and got it going. I think the white liner is actually from the PO not knowing anything about pools. Looks like they overchlorinated it, *alot*.
I got this pool so I could do a year of testing/pool school/education before I went crazy and spent a ton of dough on a bigger pool.

I'll post up numbers, asap. I'm thinking I want to do *full* testing in the early a.m. I did run out and do the T1000 test though (had to) It came back 2-4 and 7.4pH. So, I think I'm alright for now.

I'm off to read Pool School one *more* time, then off to work.

My First Test Numbers....

How I collect test water:
I plunged a 2'x1/2" piece of pvc into the pool with my thumb over the end. Released my thumb, let the tube fill, and pulled that as my sampling water. My sample water goes into a clean, plastic 12 oz. kids cup.

My Pool history:
I've had the pool filled for two weeks now, over that time I have intermittently added three gallons of bleach. I've always put it in at night, so as to not lose it to sunlight. I've ran the pump/filter probably sixty hours. I.E. every other day, 10 hours a day. I vacuum/skim/net it * religiously*.

My first test results:
FC/pH: the water never turned pink after adding r0870. re ran the test twice, still no pink.
TA=10
CH=120
CYA= I filled it to the 20 mark, i could still see the black dot.

My water is clear. When we swim, no one complains of 'red eye'/smells/'feel' of the water.

Questions:
Why no pH/FC reading? I'm guessing 'cause there aint none in it.
Why no CYA reading? Again, I'm guessing 'cause there aint none in it.

Possible Solutions:
I'm thinking I should run to wally world and get some tabs. Add one or two to my skimmer and let it run til dissolved. Test again in a week.

What do you think?

Just out of curiosity... did you try the OTO (yellow) chlorine test?
Did you try the combined chlorine test even though the DPD powder didn't turn pink?
I believe I read somewhere on this site that DPD is known to give a false negative if the chlorine is high but bound; however the OTO will usually turn yellow... maybe ChemGeek or one of the mods will confirm/deny this?!
( Extended Test Directions )

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support