Blue Granular Residue in Pool

Jun 14, 2012
Georgia
New user. Love the site. First month in taking over for my "pool guy". Question:

I am finding a small amount of a light blue, granular (grains the size of very course salt or sand) substance in my skimmer bag and some quantities in the bottom of the pool. Any idea what exactly that is?

I haven't added salt (or anything else) in almost two weeks.

I am getting ready to add some Muratic Acid tonight as my pool seems to be a bit toward the potential scaling side. (I have also noticed a small amount of scaling on the bottom of the metal cross bar of my electric pool cover. This may have been there for several months.)

Latest tests: FC/TC: 5+, pH 7.8, TA 150, CH 430, CYA 50, Salt 2800

Nothing else blue around the pool that I can think of. It's weird to me. Sort of a pale blue, hard, granular substance. In a week, I might get an ounce or two out of the skimmer bag. Hard to tell the quanitity that I sweep toward the drain once a week. Maybe another few ounces.

We do have some pool noodles and they are blue and no longer new. These grains are hard though. About the consistency of salt crystals but larger. Not ruling out the noodles but a) they haven't been in the pool at all in the last week and b) the substance is way harder than what a noodle feels like.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.