Liner has a white coating

Jul 1, 2011
Cameron Park, CA
To start, I got this splash pool last year for a steal. The liner never looked blue but I thought it was due to its age. I noticed yesterday when I vacuum it was leaving brush marks on the bottom. So I got to thinking, can I scrub the white stuff off and have a blue pool again. I got out a green scrubby and with my foot started scrubbing the bottom. The white started to come off.

My question is what causes the liner to get the white coating and is there an easy way to remove it? I spend about an hour with the green scrubby under my feet and I only got about 1/6 of the pool done.

If it is only on the bottom I would guess it's either calcium scale buildup or salt buildup due to allowing the pool to evaporate down to zero. If it is on the wall then I would guess it is calcium scale.

If you properly maintain your pool chemistry, you will not have the problem in the future.

Post a full set of test numbers. If it is calcium you may be able to get it into solution by keeping you Calcite Saturation Index (csi) lower. If it is salt, time may cause it to disolve. If it is some soap/surfactant time and brushing along with proper chlorine levels may be the only way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.