Hole(s) in liner--brand new pool--Any hope of repair???

Jan 19, 2012
Richland, PA
New AGP, no deck yet. Lumber gets delivered today. Had plastic pool ladder for use. The kid you could lift up on the outside of the pool to restrict access as a temporary until deck was built. Well, an adult family member exiting the pool SNAPPED the ladder on the inside of the pool. Both sharp snapped sides of the ladder hit the wall of the pool about 1--1 1/2 ft from bottom causing multiple holes on both sides of the snapped off ladder legs. No injuries, but for the brand new 25 ga. liner.
Raced to get a repair kit from Namco which seems to be holding. Anyone have any sure thing underwater repair advice, solutions, or compounds which have worked. What I got from Namco seems to have worked, but no one has been the pool for 2 days. I worry agitation from pump or kids playing will upset any seal I've got going.

Looking to get through season with what I have. Leak has stopped to maybe losing 1/8 in water over night, so patch job must have helped somewhat. Advice??/ Leave existing patch in place?? Replace existing with something which has worked for others???

Help!! Very disgusted, seeing we just had our first great weekend with our new pool--now this???

It may be fine, but I think I'd be nervous about that repair. You might try getting the boxer glue and some liner material and make a larger patch to put over the current patch. I'd feel better about that repair, others may chime in with other fixes.

Not sure what glue, as I'm at work without product in front of me. Had to coat plastic sheet supplied with kit, which I cut to fit so one patch would cover all holes, (each side where ladder hit, had 2-3 holes). Once coated with glue, instructions said to fold plastic on glue side in half, go underwater . Unfold, very quickly place patch and get all air bubbles out. Not sure I did it as well as I could, but leak, if any has held to a very very low flow.
Any clue??? If need be can you re-apply this patch?? How well does Boxer glue hold up?? Do you always have to be careful around thata area? Normal kids playing are bound to contact the area. How tough might this type patch be??

deweypip

Once it is fixed right you should not have to worry about it. As a matter of fact, I bet that area will be more durable. The folks above recommended Boxer glue and vinyl liner material and patch over your current patch. These are words of wisdom from pro's. You should take their advice and fix it so you know for sure it is fixed for good. I had a hole in a 18' round one time and it leaked after a patch kit until the day we took it down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.