Stimulus Checks

Rollin Thunder said:
hmm stimlus. i wont go there as i think its a waste and glad i did not qualify.

Every year we end up paying more out and find that we make too much for many tax breaks. We made the cut off on this one though. I generally oppose spending tax dollars (OUR dollars) on any programs that do not have to do with building roads, schools, or necessary defense - you know the stuff the government was actually created for! However, if they are going to waste money, I'd rather it be wasted on me than someone else who doesn't even pay into the system.

I'll just kick it into the vacation fund. 8)

overit said:
New to the site, were do I go to ask a question?

Don't have my check yet but it can go for more chemicals! We use that TCI program on our pool.

What kind of help are you looking for? If you go to the main forum index page, you'll see we have all kinds of categories. Try to pick the one that best fits your question. If you arent' sure, try the Pool School / Getting Started forum.

Welcome to TFP!!!

Rollin Thunder said:

For someone who makes to much to qualify I can see them thinking it is a waste, but for those who need it , it is better to go to them instead of some pork belly program.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Poolidiot said:
Rollin Thunder said:

For someone who makes to much to qualify I can see them thinking it is a waste, but for those who need it , it is better to go to them instead of some pork belly program.

I would rather they use the money to pay off the deficit, but I figure that if they kept the money, there would be about a 95% chance they would spend it on some wasteful endeavour that I don't support. I say, give me back as much of my tax dollars as possible, until they figure out how to balance the budget and control spending.

you make a good point, might as well send it all back to ya insted of wasteing it on other stuff.

but i got a tax refund anyway, so i was not really upset that i did not qualify.

Attachments

• P6070225.jpg
    P6070225.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 4
Poolidiot,

"TCI" should've been "TIC"........................compliments of our recently added member, Antares:

Been reading up on the forums here and found lots of helpful info. I just recently bought a house over the winter with a 10x30x4 oval (well, at that point, rectangular with rounded edges) above ground. I'm no stranger to pool maintenance - the 'rents had one that I had to take care of, however I was using the TIC method. (Toss In Chemicals)

SeanB said:
Let me slap my own hand for taking this in the wrong direction. :hammer: Let's keep the politics out of the discussion.

If you are buying something cool or pool related, lets hear it. If not, feel free to tell Dave how he should invest his new found money. :slidehalo:

What? :shock: Buying something cool? Carpet. Not cool?

Okay, Dave, could you add some Old #7 to the list? 8)

Poolidiot said:
SeanB said:
Let me slap my own hand for taking this in the wrong direction. :hammer: Let's keep the politics out of the discussion.

"The Coffee Bar
Chat about any non-pool related topics here." [/color]Except politics? Just want to figure out the rules 8)

Discussing politics or religion is a great way to start arguments and hurt feelings - both things I try to avoid here.

Obviously not ANY topic is fair game. :roll: I hope I can provide guidlines without having to spell out EVERY single thing that would not be acceptable. We are all adults - common sense should be your guide. I'm using mine and moving away from politics.

Nope, not getting any this year. Just waiting for Congress to raise my still higher than anyone else's tax bracket even higher................then spew venom in my face about not paying enough taxes.

If I was going to get a stimulus check, I'd use it to really stimulate..

Fake boobies!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.