Stimulus Checks

ivyleager said:
Nope, not getting any this year. Just waiting for Congress to raise my still higher than anyone else's tax bracket even higher................then spew venom in my face about not paying enough taxes.

If I was going to get a stimulus check, I'd use it to really stimulate..

Fake boobies!

awesome - I'm nominating you for post of the day. :-D

I think I have figured out the best thing to use mine on......I have Ben's test kit but I do need some refills so I will send some of my money to Duraliegh and I guess I can give some to SeanB, And get me one of those Lifetime memberships ( I just have to get into to those supporter forums to see what I am missing :twisted: ) Oh and maybe a 6 pack or 2 :wink: Then the rest I will use for a family trip to New York ( I know what your thinking...A Texan in New York?!?!?!? :? well the wife is from there, the sacrifice one makes for the wife :wink: )

SeanB said:
Poolidiot said:
SeanB said:
Discussing politics or religion is a great way to start arguments and hurt feelings - both things I try to avoid here.

Obviously not ANY topic is fair game. :roll: I hope I can provide guidlines without having to spell out EVERY single thing that would not be acceptable. We are all adults - common sense should be your guide. I'm using mine and moving away from politics.

Well sir I do try to use "common sense", And mine tells me a little bit of disareements (arguments) are a good thing every now and then. But you are the man so I will abide by your rule. ( I do like a good ole fashion political debate 8)

What a joke. They don't give them to people like me that pay AMT and provide others with jobs. Big waste of money. They should have by-passed the consumer and just sent the money to Wal-Mart anyway, it would have cost less that way.

JohnT said:
Rollin Thunder said:
hmm stimlus. i wont go there as i think its a waste and glad i did not qualify.

Stimulus? More like a retroactive tax increase for higher incomes :x

HA! So true!

I don't want to bypass the political discussion, but I will. Doggone these rules, Sean!

What I want to do - tile for the kitchen.
What I'm gonna do - new sewer pipe. Had to be done. At least I'm contributing to a local small business.

ivyleager said:
Nope, not getting any this year. Just waiting for Congress to raise my still higher than anyone else's tax bracket even higher................then spew venom in my face about not paying enough taxes.

If I was going to get a stimulus check, I'd use it to really stimulate..

Fake boobies!

:shock:

:nopic:

(had to take my signature off this reply! :wink: )

Um, something cool? huh, I wish it was cool or interesting. Horse fencing, fence posts. Paying bills. But the good part is that then DH can't whine about the fencing/horse expenses sucking up overtime money -

What I would LIKE to buy is a new 90" x 70" cage for my macaw solid built with locks like Alcatraz. That brat let himself out twice this week and then proceeded to let all the other parrots out of their cages too - they opened the food cupboards/drawers and then they all helped themselves to treats and snacks - what a mess! I have stainless steel chains with ss quick links on the doors and he figured out how to open the quick links. Brat. At least they did't eat any doors this time.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
NWMNMom said:
Um, something cool? huh, I wish it was cool or interesting. Horse fencing, fence posts. Paying bills. But the good part is that then DH can't whine about the fencing/horse expenses sucking up overtime money -

What I would LIKE to buy is a new 90" x 70" cage for my macaw solid built with locks like Alcatraz. That brat let himself out twice this week and then proceeded to let all the other parrots out of their cages too - they opened the food cupboards/drawers and then they all helped themselves to treats and snacks - what a mess! I have stainless steel chains with ss quick links on the doors and he figured out how to open the quick links. Brat. At least they did't eat any doors this time.

NWMNMom...Please use your check to buy a hidden camera and recorder and record the bird getting out of the cage. Then you could post the video on the internet so we could watch. I had quick links on my pool gates and my wife had real trouble operating them. I'm not saying your bird is smarter than my wife but........ I guess I am saying that. :shock:

hahahahahahaha-

when you earn it, when you save it, when you spend it and when you think about it -

On the other note, anyone who has parrots know they are extremely intelligent and the escaping parrot is not a new trick for any of them, neither is letting the buddies out to have a party. It's only cute the first time they do it, after that it's just a PITA. Quick links? childs' play to a Cockatoo or Macaw - they don't break them (although they can bend steel cage bars with the beaks if they want) but NO they choose to actually OPEN them because its more challenging. We actually buy stainless steel puzzle toys with nuts, bolts, wing nuts, and locks for them to work on to keep busy.

Strannik said:
By the way, what's the go with taxes in the US? I've heard that there is nothing in your tax code which states that american citizens have to pay taxes on income earned inside US.

That's a myth that some incredibly misguided people buy into. Wesley Snipes was just sentenced to jail for not paying his taxes. You don't jack around with the US Government. When it's time to pay - you better pay or they will come after you and make your life miserable.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.